Re: [exim] "appendfile" transport run with wrong uid

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] "appendfile" transport run with wrong uid
Piotr Sobolewski wrote:
> As I understand, you say that I should rather understand these sentences
> like "the behaviour of appendfile transport with options from default config
> file is that it will be run under the uid and gid of the local user". Is it
> like that?

"check_local_user" is needed in the router for the uid & gid to be
auto-magically set in the transport. Without it, exim has absolutely no
idea that the file mentioned has anything to do with a local user
account. Otherwise it needs the user & group options, or it is delivered
as the exim.eximgroup.

--
http://docs.exim.org/