Re: [exim] "appendfile" transport run with wrong uid

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Piotr Sobolewski
To: exim-users
CC: Odhiambo Washington
題目: Re: [exim] "appendfile" transport run with wrong uid
Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> Which documentation are you reading?
> To start with, the default configure file that ships with Exim has the
> following:
>
> <quote>
> # This transport is used for local delivery to user mailboxes in
> traditional # BSD mailbox format. By default it will be run under the uid
> and gid of the # local user

I thought that sentence mean "the default behaviour of appendfile transport is
that without special options it will be run under the uid and gid of the
local user". I also read this passage:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec_15.html
As appendfile is a local transport, it is always run in a separate process,
under a non-privileged uid and gid, which are set by setuid(). In the common
local delivery case, these are the uid and gid belonging to the user to whom
the mail is being delivered.

As I understand, you say that I should rather understand these sentences
like "the behaviour of appendfile transport with options from default config
file is that it will be run under the uid and gid of the local user". Is it
like that?