Re: [exim] Original Message with Bounced Message

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ian Eiloart
To: Christopher Chaduka, Gaurav Pruthi
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Original Message with Bounced Message

--On 17 December 2008 16:09:29 +0200 Christopher Chaduka <kiri@???>
wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Gaurav Pruthi <gkpruthi@???> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I was wondering if it is possible to attach the original message with the
>> bounced message sent to the sender. I am using exim 4.69. Do i need to
>> make any changes in the code before re-compling exim to enable it to
>> attach the original message with the delivery status notification?
>
> Check the bounce_* directives

But, don't bounce messages unless the sender is in your email domain.
Reject the message at SMTP time (using ACL's) if you possibly can. That
way, you avoid generating collateral spam. Remember, if it's spam, then the
sender address is almost always forged, so it's a really bad idea to bounce
the message.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex