Re: [pcre-dev] Optimizations when execution order is importa…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: NN
To: pcre-dev
Oggetto: Re: [pcre-dev] Optimizations when execution order is important
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:00:30 +0300, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, mavvma@??? wrote:
>
>> IMHO, in certain cases it's not quite right. For example,
>> /...(*ACCEPT)...A/ at user's point of view may be accessed without
>> letter "A" occurrence. Are "disordering" optimizations invoked in this
>> case?
>
> I had already spotted that one. The "look ahead for a required
> character" optimization is disabled in the presence of (*ACCEPT). It is
> also disabled if the subject is very, very long (because it can take too
> much time to search for a character that is not present).
>
> Philip

So, the feature of disabling "disordering" optimizations is already present in PCRE. I'm suggests that this ability may optionally outspreads for callouts. Suppose i want to provide some action in the middle of regexp matching, regardless successful or not will be matching result. Perl, as i think, lets doing that. But PCRE dont.