著者: Renaud Allard
To: exim-dev
題目: Re: [exim-dev] Fwd: Exim governance

On 12/16/08 9:35 PM, Ted Cooper wrote:
> Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>> On 15 Dec 2008, at 14:22, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe I should attempt a draft and see if it gets shot down?
>> Stake in ground:-
>>    http://wiki.exim.org/NigelMetheringham/GovernanceUpdate

>> Comments and/or wiki improvements welcome.
>
> Seems reasonable enough.
>
> What is involved in release management? Does that involve getting the
> test rig working and ensuring the code compiles on all platforms, or am
> I totally off base.

Philip took care of adding features during years and has done a very
very great job at doing this. I wouldn't say that exim is complete after
Philip's work, but most really useful features are already in exim
nowadays. So maybe there should be a formal release every 6 months or so
to cope for bugs only.