To: exim-users
題目: [exim] NDR spam avoidance

A lot of my users are complaining that they are receiving bounce back emails of messages that they did not send. Each message contains some kind of spam text at the bottom.

For example, from the headers below the message came from [212.40.112.118] (helo=pool-01077.externet.hu) which has nothing to do with my domain (postmaster.co.uk).

So I'm thinking I could check the envelope-from on my mailservers and reject if it is for a local user who is not coming from one of my mailservers (so then they can still send to themselves if they want to). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a better solution?

Thanks,

Oliver

To: <oliver@???>
Subject: <oliver@???>, December 96% off
From: <oliver@???>
--
Confidentiality Notice: This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender IMMEDIATELY; you should not copy the email or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. General Statement: Any statements made, or intentions expressed in this communication, may not necessarily reflect the view of Spider Networks, that no content herein may be held binding upon Spider Networks or any associate or any associated company unless confirmed by the issuance of a formal contractual document or purchase order.