著者: Ted Cooper
To: exim-dev
題目: Re: [exim-dev] Fwd: Exim governance
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I've been sent this message...
> I could put something together in response, although I am not sure my
> opinion is necessarily representative of those involved, nor am I
> anything like a project leader....
>
> Maybe I should attempt a draft and see if it gets shot down?

Fire away! Exim has kinda been in limbo since PH retired. Although there
are plenty of people who rely on it for their business/job there don't
seem to be many who have the time available to put their hand up to step
into PH's shoes. There are a few that shouldn't be let near the code
too. Alas, I'm in the first bucket, and hopefully not in the second.

I don't know actually know who has write access to the CVS other than
you Nigel :P Almost the new manager by default - you haven't had any
hair brained ideas that require anything so drastic as a mutiny and have
attended to the few legitimate bugs.

In the event of some exploitable bug that affects Exim comes along, I
would dedicate as much time as I could to fixing it. Unfortunately,
email is no longer my primary role at work so it would be outside of
work hours which limits how useful I could be.

As for implementing new code - I haven't seen a decent idea yet, but I'm
sure something will come along. In the new year I'll be working on some
mail related stuff again but that will mostly be programs that work in
conjunction with exim.

A new version release (4.70) should probably occur at some stage as
there have been a few issues/bugs fixed. I wanted to look at the SPF
issue before that.

So far, there just haven't been any huge issues that required new
management. As it stands, exim is fairly feature complete. Thank you
Phillip ;)

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html