[exim] Moderated forwarding

Autor: Brian Victor
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Moderated forwarding
I run the server for an organization whose membership information is
stored in a postgres database. I would like to create an address to
which the executive board can send emails that will be forwarded to the
membership.

Although I still haven't fully grasped the config file structure, it
seems like it would be easy enough to lookup the recipients from the
database. What I can't figure out is how to restrict it so that only
board members can post.

Some ideas I've tossed around include:

  * Put the board members on a white list for one username.  I have no
    idea how to do this.  I also realize and accept that the addresses
    can be forged.

  * Freeze incoming messages to that address and build a web interface
    for board members to unfreeze the messages.

  * Install or write a separate mailing list manager with support for
    moderated mailing lists.  I haven't been able to find one that can
    get the recipient list from a database and don't know what's
    involved in writing one.

Am I even in the right ballpark?

--
Brian