Re: [exim] Full SMTP session log functionality

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Full SMTP session log functionality
Adam Osuchowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any reason not to place full SMTP session record in exim log?
> Exim write to stdout such informations (marked with SMTP>> and SMTP<<)
> while it is running in debug mode (-d+receive), but it would be nice to
> see it in regular log, because often, more easily is to analyse raw SMTP
> dialog to see what happend and what is wrong with service. Is there
> planned such functionality in exim? It should not be difficult to implement.
>
> Regards.

That's what debug mode is for. Having that much raw data stuffed into
the logs would be one hell of a space hog, especially when you only need
that information when something is wrong and you need to test a specific
case.

You could already do it with the existing functionality anyway, using
log_write and the appropriate ACL hooks. The only command I can think of
without an ACL is RSET, but you could mimic it with some smart thinking
in the MAIL FROM ACL.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html