Re: [exim] ACL - can it affect my outgoing mail?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ted Cooper
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] ACL - can it affect my outgoing mail?
Don Sceifers wrote:
> Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
> 550 That is not a valid email for this domain
> Any ideas? It almost seems like it doesn't know drsceifers@??? isn't
> on this machine...

That is an incoming email. There's no inside or outside when exim is
accepting email unless you make one with the ACLs.

Exim ..
* accepts connections or local submissions
* the ACL statements determine if it's accepted or denied
* the routers route it to a transport
* and the transport delivers it

If an email comes from some random place on the internet, or if it is
submitted via SMTP from squirrel mail, it follows the same steps through
the MTA. The only difference between the two source locations are the
differences you make with the ACLs and routers.

Now, as a possible solution to your issue - it sounds like you no
somehow decided gmail.com is local, but obviously you are not the MX for
them ;) Beyond that, no ideas since I have no idea what your
configuration looks like.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html