Re: [exim] scanning at ACL using external program

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marcin Krol
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] scanning at ACL using external program
Phil Pennock wrote:
> Indeed; I use such a program, the greylisting program from Debian,
> written in Python and hacked around to run on my non-Linux system.

> It uses a unix-domain socket for communications, I communicate with it
> via the ${readsocket...} expansion.

Thanks for the example below, Phil, this is smth like what I am looking
for.

> Myself, the idea of letting each inbound mail, prior to filtering out
> the spam, fork a process worries me. Exim goes to some lengths to
> provide load limitation controls and forking new processes during the
> earliest stages seems fraught with problems.

I hear you out on theory, in principle it *is* worrisome.

But. If "early forking" is done precisely to filter for spam, is it
still a potential problem?

Note that people who use the "old style" spam filtering, make Exim
fork not just one, but two processes: first for spamc as transport
filter and then exim -oMr spamscanned to reinject the mail.

> However, if I did want to do that, I'd use ${run...} as an expansion.
> Carefully.

Hmm. I will consider it - carefully. :-)

Regards,
Marcin Krol