Re: [exim] scanning at ACL using external program

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marcin Krol
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] scanning at ACL using external program
Peter Bowyer wrote:
>> This header is readily added by spamc. Frankly, spamc or other external
>> script/client is a proper place to generate this kind of information.
>
> Can you not make SA do exactly this with the X-Spam-Report header and
> suitable options under 'header' in SA local.cf?

Sure. Except

1. as I explained in another mail, I actually need both headers (short
spam report for user filtering on that and detailed rule scoring - for
diagnosing spams that got through and finetuning SA later), and spamc
does all that by default, so why reinvent the wheel?

2. One could *reasonably* might want to do smth else with thos mails
(say, developing custom spam filter or plugging in something different
than SA altogether), and scanning the "old way" (by sending mail to a
"spamcheck" transport, scanning and reinjecting it with Exim) does not
allow doing it at SMTP time.

Scanning with external program runnable from ACL is the most
straightforward, and IMHO the best way of dealing with it. Hence my
(original) question.

Regards,
Marcin Krol