Re: [exim] Outlook, Exim and TLS.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chambers, Phil
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Outlook, Exim and TLS.

I set our exim up with 2k3 and have not had reports of problems with 2k7.

As has already been reported 2k3 takes the SSL option to mean TLS when the port is 25 and SSL on any other port. So, I set up exim to listen on ports 25 and 25, 465 and 587, with the option 'tls_on_connect_ports 465'. (Port 465 is the accepted port for SMTPs.)

You did not mention authenticated SMTP but I believe 2k3 requires LOGIN. I have an authenticator based on section 34.4 in the Exim spec. It contains the following:

  login:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = LOGIN
    server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
    server_condition = ${if .....}
    server_set_id = $1
    server_advertise_condition = ${if .....}

$1 contains the username and $2 contains the password.

You then configure Outlook to use SSL on port 465. Do not tick the SPA option.

Hope this helps,

Phil.
Phil Chambers
Postmaster