Re: [exim] Exim Development

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Exim Development
Marc Perkel wrote:
> There's another issue here that supersedes the RFCs. If the recipient
> server intends to reject the message then I agree. However if the
> recipient server is a customer of mine and I know for sure based on the
> response code that the rejection is in error, that it was unintended,
> and that the customer would want me to detect, report, and preserve the
> email then that's different. In my case I know that if I forward email
> to the customer and I get a 500 - Relaying Denied error that is not what
> the customer really wants to happen.
>
> My point - if the server replies with 550 but is doing so in error -
> that's different

If server A sends a message to server B, and server B replies with a 5xx
code, but does not mean it, and so it should instead be treated (by
server A) as a 4xx error, then you should fix server B, and not try to
make A interpret B's reply differently.

--
Friends, n.:
    People who borrow your books and set wet glasses on them.

    People who know you well, but like you anyway.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@???
http://move.to/hpkb