Re: [exim] Exim Development

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim Development
On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 22:06 -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> It's hardly a solution in that it doesn't do what I want.

It is *a* solution, but it isn't a tailor-made ready-to-implement
syntactically correct solution designed to exactly fit your requirements
on your systems (about which we all have zero visibility).

> I want to be able to look at the reason for the 550 rejection. So if
> it's "unknown user" it gets treated differently from "relaying
> denied". If I had that I could make a choice to refusing an email or
> accepting it and storing it.

As Ted already suggested, you *do* have access to that. But you're going
to have to think a little laterally about it and operate outside Exim...

Use your sysadmin-foo instead of everyone else's Exim-foo. I'm loathe to
suggest something to you for fear of you rejecting it out-of-hand, which
will entirely spoil my weekend but how about this...

Write a script which permanently tails your logfile(s). If it detects
"relaying denied" (and bear in mind that the exact wording can vary
according to circumstance) you can pull the domain out of the log line
and add it to a list of "hold domains" for which delivery gets deferred
until your customer sorts their problem out.

No, I'm not writing it for you. Please apply your considerable intellect
to the problem and sort it out yourself. There's no need to rewrite
the SMTP RFC, nor any need to make Exim do the wrong thing (or any other
MTA for that matter).

Graeme