著者: Eli Sand
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim Development
Marc wrote:
> You can quote all the rules you like but if a customer misconfigures
> their server and in spite of their error I can store and then redeliver
> the email that would otherwise have bounced then I am a hero. I don't
> intent to retry on 5xy errors but I want the option of storing the
> email
> for either inspection and troubleshooting or in the xase that the
> customer fixes their server and wants the email.

By definition then, their server should have issued a 4xx series error if
retrying for delivery is possible, no? (referring to the last statement
about fixing the server)

Also, are you not able to detect the 5xx error and act on it? It's been a
while since I played with router and transport settings so I'm not sure, but
if you could you should be able to come up with something that would do what
you need instead of asking for a change to Exim itself.

Eli.