Re: [exim] Hotmail DNS issue

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Hotmail DNS issue
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Chambers, Phil wrote:

| If I do 'nslookup 65.54.246.99' I get two hostnames returned

| s1.bay2.hotmail.com| bay0-omc1-s27.bay0.hotmail.com

| The first has no A record, the second's A record is 65.54.246.99.

Strange:

With "dig" we see the exact same thing.

However, in last week, our exim got a few hundred messages from this IP,
and the logs imply it was always able to get a hostname (2-way match
succes), which seems a bit odd, given the DNS inconsistency.

| Can anyone suggest a solution? I don't hold out much hope of telling
| Hotmail that they got something wrong!

Only other option that springs to mind is to bypass the test for that IP.
So add:

!hosts = 65.54.246.99

to the relevant ACL statement(s).