Re: [exim] setting up personal ip blacklist

Author: Dave Pooser
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] setting up personal ip blacklist
> message = sender IP address $sender_host_address is locally blacklisted
> here. If you think this is wrong, get in touch with postmaster
>
>    hosts = ${if exists{/etc/exim/blacklist_ip}\
>                 {/etc/exim/blacklist_ip}\
>                  {}}

> this is still blocking all mail and inserting the message

What I do is I define my list of addresses as a hostlist before the ACL
section in my exim.conf file:

hostlist block_by_ip    =    /etc/exim/files/blacklist_ip

Then in my acl_smtp_rcpt (linewraps are an artifact of my MUA):
  deny        message    =    Message rejected because $sender_host_address
is in a local block list.
          hosts    =    +block_by_ip
--
Dave Pooser