Re: [exim] Denying spam with forged from

Author: Patryk Rzadzinski
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Denying spam with forged from
Hello,

Thanks for all the input. I have removed my domains from spamd's whitelist and
this problem is obviously gone, however this means it is gone after the content
scan.

I tried verify = helo and deny spf = fail, however both those checks were too
strict for some popular mail servers used in my country, which I assume renders
them useless in my situation.

> W B Hacker wrote:
> Neither 61.706.92.425 nor 212.62.52.156 have PTR RR
> As 212.62.52.156 has no DNS entry, it *cannot* match the HELO of
> 'BMARINKOVIC'
> 'BMARINKOVIC' is not a FQDN in any case.
> deny/drop/defer before enterign acl_smtp_rcpt.

This is of course true, but is there any other way to drop the mail beforehand,
if verify helo and spf are not options?

Thank you in advance,

--
Patryk