Re: [exim] canonical local_part from an address

Inizio della pagina
Autore: WJCarpenter
Oggetto: Re: [exim] canonical local_part from an address

> Might you be looking at an artificial situation w/r what Exim takes
> onboard? IE - entries in a table of recipients that are not themselves
> in correct format?

Thanks for taking the trouble to poke at this.

The exact situation is that I sent a test message to a recipient with a
quoted local part, where the quotes weren't needed. In other words, it
was an envelope recipient. It showed up in the $recipients variable as
"iamquoted"@???, and the quotes stuck with it even after I
pulled out the local part via the ${local_part:} and ${address:}
operators. I know that internally Exim must be discarding the quotes
when it creats $local_part for routers because the message is delivered
(and in my environment, the local part DB lookups would fail if the
quotes were present).

So, my tentative conclusion is that Exim's internal extraction of
$local_part has some extra stuff not present in the ${local_part:}
operator. That seems like a bug, but there could be some obscure reason
for it. Perhaps I'll file a bug report and let someone say it's as
designed if that's the case.