Re: [exim] Building virtual domain on multiple mail server

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Stephen Liu
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Building virtual domain on multiple mail server
Hi lee,

Thanks for your detail advice.

--- lee <lee@???> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 02:58:45PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
>
> > domains and their users are stored on the database, MySQL. But I
> > haven't resolved how to route them to the respective mail servers,
>
> It is not possible to route the related network traffic that comes in
> to a single IP address in such a manner that, depending on to which
> of
> the mail servers behind the single address the traffic should be
> directed, it will be directed to the mail server it should be
> directed
> to. This is so because the information to which mail server the
> traffic should be directed is not available to the router.

Sometimes ago I have been posting on the forum of;

http://vyatta.org/

to see whether they can help me out but without reply. I have no idea
on its present development. If vyatta can do routing then I'll install
it on a guest of Xen serving other mail servers running on the same Xen
box.

Now I have a working mail server running virtual domains. The said
server is a guest of Xen. My venture is to make this server to do
routing serving other mail servers on the same Xen box. Each mail
server will have it own hostname, domain and local IP as well. I
haven't figured out how to do it. Maybe creating a forward database
file in combination with the transport option on Exim to do routing.
Any suggestion? TIA

Xen box can allow 32 mail servers running concurrently. OR maybe more.
I tested max_loop=64 on Xen before. It worked with 32 base OS running
at the same time. They can communicate each and others without
problem. This arrangement can allow the owners of the mail servers
maintaining their own devices. If running virtual domain on one server
it would be difficult to allow the domain owner to maintain their own
device.

- snip -

> However, you could try to set up one main mail server that recieves
> all related network traffic that comes in on the single IP. That mail
> server could analyze the data in the traffic and then route the mail
> (not the traffic) to the other servers, depending on for what domain
> the mail is and on what server serves which domain. The
> domain-specific servers could in turn use the main server as a
> smarthost for their outgoing traffic. But you don't need to do it
> that
> way because you can set up one mail server to serve many different
> domains --- call them virtual domains if you want to.

Yes, that is what I'm planning to do, the starting point of my venture.
Thanks.

B.R.
Stephen L