Re: [exim] How to not reply to bad mail

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to not reply to bad mail
lee wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 06:52:42AM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
>

>> whitelist the odd idiot who thinks the price of a Linux or *BSD CD makes
>> hime into a mail service w/o need of fixed-IP, MX and PTR RR.

Of course not. By doing so you do make your mail a little bit less
palatable for those with more paranoid and/or stupid rules regarding
what they do and don't accept.

For example, I cannot directly email one vocal member of this list
because of his rules regarding reverse DNS. As far as I'm concerned,
this is entirely his loss. I'm sure he thinks exactly the same thing,
just the other way round.

His mail system, his rules. Likewise for you.