Re: [exim] Please help determine how spam is being sent from…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Nigel Metheringham
To: George
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Please help determine how spam is being sent from my server

On 21 Nov 2008, at 18:58, George wrote:

> I am running FC4 with Exim 4.68

I would point out that FC4 is 3 years old and has had no updates
(including security updates) for 2 years. Thats really not good for
an internet facing box.

If nothing is legitimately sending mail from localhost over SMTP then
you could block that off, however thats unlikely to be possible.

Setting exim to log ident information (and running a local identd) may
help isolate which user process is sending the mail. However I can
pretty much guarantee it will be running under the uid of the
webserver, and is most likely down to a PHP script.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]