Re: [exim] we all agree, let's drop that spam

Author: WJCarpenter
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] we all agree, let's drop that spam
Thanks for your comments.

> At the end of the day, it didn't help *us* much, as thresholds within
> our relatively small per-domain groups tended to be fairly close between
> players.

I think I know what you mean by that, but let me just ask to make sure.
You're saying this didn't make much incremental difference because you
have other mechanisms to deal with things based on scoring thresholds,
and the ranges sorted out to be quite narrow anyhow.

In our case, we are not currently doing any SMTP-time rejection based on
SA scoring, but we'd like to start (because of the obvious
methodological advantages). Even if everybody has exactly the same
threshold value, we'll still be able to do some DATA rejects where we
don't do any right now.