Re: [exim] Exim 4.69 SMTP timeout issue - 'unexpected discon…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ted Dively
To: Chris Siebenmann
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim 4.69 SMTP timeout issue - 'unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command'
On Nov 20, 2008, at 14:59 , Chris Siebenmann wrote:

> You write:
> | Yeah, truly annoying. I also can't telnet into that box on port 25.
> | What kind of SMTP server disallows connections on port 25 from the
> | outside? [...]
>
> Speaking as someone with one or two of those: specialized mail servers
> in an environment with an asymmetric setup. We have different servers
> for inbound email, core mail handling, and outbound user-generated
> email; the latter two cannot be reached for inbound SMTP from the
> outside world, partly because it significantly simplifies their
> configuration.

Would I be able to do rDNS and rfc1413 identity checks on the servers
in question in order to accept mail to my users? If so, the design you
outline isn't the problem, but rather the implementation at wamu.net.

Best,

Ted Dively
--
Group D Communications, LLC
Technology Consulting: IT, Databases, Web Sites, Hosting