Re: [exim] Queue_run_max question

Author: Burnie
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Queue_run_max question
The cat of "Brent Jones" <brent@???> wrote:

> I have a small load server (70k deliveries a day) and thought I'd try
> using queue_only, with queue_run_max = 15 to see if it makes things a
> bit more efficient.

queue_only means "no immediate delivery - wait for a queue runner to
process and deliver the message"

> I've discovered it will only spawn about 5 queue runners, and messages
> will queue up for up to 15 minutes before a runner finally gets to
> it.

you are most likely starting exim with the option -q15m
- "start a queue runner every 15 minute"

besides that, I have no idea what you actually were trying to do...

--
Bernt  'Burnie'  Pettersen  ///  DoD#2345
<E-mail:burnie@???>     ///  <URL:http://burnie.sh/>