[exim] localhost only

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: bandito
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] localhost only

Hi,

I am new to Exim and email servers. Exim seems like a very good product for
what I am doing. I would like to setup Exim so that I can send and recieve
mail on the same computer. I would like to both send mail from a PHP script
or Evolution mail and then have a php script listen for any messages in
'/var/mail/' or '~/Maildir/bandito' or a MySQL database. I know I had it
working, only because last night I finally found the messages it received
in both '/var/mail/bandito' and '~/Maildir' but there has been many
reinstalls and setup changes since and I don't remember what I did to make
it work.

My severs name is 'bandito' to make thinks more simple. I would also like
to know how to correctly setup Evolution Mail or a similar product to send
and receive mail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bandito