Re: [exim] Migration from Exchange to Linux

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Migration from Exchange to Linux
Hi

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 14:33 -0400, Angelo Babudro wrote:
> I can't find any information on converting the aggregate and proprietary
> MSExchange data file to the Linux maildir files I know and prefer.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or techniques for doing this? Perhaps a way
> to script the sending of e-mails from the Exchange server to an Exim server?

IMAP. It's the way forward - no, really :)

If you create analogous accounts on both systems, you can use a number
of ways to copy the mail over using IMAP. There are several scripts out
there to do exactly this, the one I have most experience of is the one
provided with CommuniGate Pro called MoveImapMail.

If you download a recent version of CGP in RPM format, install it,
copy /opt/CommuniGate/Migration/MoveIMAPMail somewhere useful and then
uninstall the RPM, you'll be doing fine.

Other IMAP copy scripts are available, of course!

An alternative is to get all users to export their entire mailbox to a
local PST and then re-import that into your new IMAP server using
Outlook.

Graeme