Re: [exim] Support for usernames user@domain

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Tassonis
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Graeme Fowler
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Support for usernames user@domain
Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 19:15 +0100, Tim Tassonis wrote:
>> As a multi-domain mail hoster, we are thinking of starting to create
>> operating user accounts in the form of user@domain for our mailboxes.
>> This however seems not to be liked too much my exim.
>
> Well, this is a very common thing to do, so let's see...
>
>> Our virtual user router looks like this:
>>
>>   virtual_localuser:
>>    driver = accept
>>    check_local_user
>>    transport = local_delivery
>>    domains = "lsearch;/etc/exim4/maildomains"
>>    local_parts = "lsearch;/etc/exim4/users.${domain}"

> All looks sane so far.
>
>> and /etc/exim4/users.example.org looks like this:
>>
>> sgerrard
>> ftorres
>
> OK, fine.
>
> <snip>
>
>> If I now create a OS user dkuyt@???, I somehow can't get this to
>> work. I tried putting the line
>>
>> dkyut: dkyut@???
>>
>> into /etc/exim4/users.example.org, but I always get an error. Is there a
>> way to do this, or is it not supported by exim?
>
> And the error is...?
>
> What does your local delivery transport look like? I'll take a punt on
> it stripping the domain and delivering to local_part alone, not
> local_part@domain.

It looks like this:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add

So, I don't see where I strip the domain explicitly, I thought exim
always does that by default. Is there a way to suppress this? I suppose
the error already happens in the router:

virtual_localuser:
driver = accept
check_local_user
transport = local_delivery
domains = "lsearch;/etc/exim4/maildomains"
local_parts = "lsearch;/etc/exim4/users.${domain}"

Do I need to remove all the virtual stuff and just go with one user,
/etc/exim4/users and one alias file, /etc/exim4/aliases for all
domains, something like:

users:

dkyut@???
jdoe@???

aliases:

dirk.kuyt@???: dkuyt@???

But where can I tell exim not to split the mailaddress into $local_part
and $domain?

Bye
Tim