[exim] Support for usernames user@domain

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Tassonis
To: exim-users
CC: Thomas Weber
Betreff: [exim] Support for usernames user@domain
Hi Exim Gurus

As a multi-domain mail hoster, we are thinking of starting to create
operating user accounts in the form of user@domain for our mailboxes.
This however seems not to be liked too much my exim.

Our virtual user router looks like this:

virtual_localuser:
driver = accept
check_local_user
transport = local_delivery
domains = "lsearch;/etc/exim4/maildomains"
local_parts = "lsearch;/etc/exim4/users.${domain}"

and /etc/exim4/users.example.org looks like this:

sgerrard
ftorres

The alias definition is as follows:

virtual_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim4/aliases.${domain}}}
user = Debian-exim
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
retry_use_local_part = yes
qualify_preserve_domain

and /etc/exim4/aliases.example.org looks like this:

steven.gerrard: sgerrard
fernando.torres: ftorres

If I now create a OS user dkuyt@???, I somehow can't get this to
work. I tried putting the line

dkyut: dkyut@???

into /etc/exim4/users.example.org, but I always get an error. Is there a
way to do this, or is it not supported by exim?

Bye
Tim