Re: [exim] using exim with ironport preprocessor

Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] using exim with ironport preprocessor
On Sunday 16 November 2008 01:18 pm, John Hall wrote:

> You want to set the Ironport box as a smarthost:
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch47.html

That would be great, John, and I appreciate your suggestion.

But ...

According the the link you suggested:

<snip>
If you want to send all mail for non-local domains to a “smart host”,
you should replace the default dnslookup router with a router which
does the routing explicitly:
</snip>

The ironport machine is cleaning the emails and then sending them to our
exim-running box for final delivery. So all the domains ARE local
domains. What I'm trying to figure out is how to handle the domains
which need to use the Ironport machine through smarthost on the first
route, and then deliver them locally when they're sent back from
Ironport.

So I need to send email originating on the server for email to only
certain domains which are in the list ironport_domains.

Can I use more than one list as a condition in a router? You've given
me some suggestions to try; I'll be back with news on whether or not
they work.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517