Re: [exim] using exim with ironport preprocessor

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] using exim with ironport preprocessor
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, John Hall wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 19:20, Jeff Lasman <blists@???> wrote:
> > That doesn't resolve the problem for email originating on the exim
> > server; exim doesn't (at least using the configurations I understand)
> > attempt delivery through the MX record for email originating on the
> > exim server. It does local delivery, which means the email doesn't go
> > through the Ironport box.
> >
> > Is there a way to direct all email originating on the server through the
> > MX record?
>
> You want to set the Ironport box as a smarthost:
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch47.html

Are you sure?

He needs to have his exim routers treat differently (as I
understand it) stuff sent via smtp auth (his users sending
via the exim instance), and stuff that originates locally.

Something like this in the appropriate router?

condition = "${if or { {eq {$received_protocol}{local}}
{eq{$sender_host_authenticated}{}{no}{yes} } } {1}{0}}"

(that's after a few minutes of searching the mailing list
archives and reading a few posts)

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC