Re: [exim] unblocking gmail

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] unblocking gmail
2008/11/12 Randy Bush <randy@???>:
> using
>
>  drop    condition     = ${if isip4{$sender_host_address}}
>          message       = blocked because $sender_host_address is \
>                          in  blacklist at $dnslist_domain: $dnslist_text
>          !dnslists     = list.dnswl.org
>          dnslists      = dialups.mail-abuse.org \
>                          : rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org \
>                          : qil.mail-abuse.com
>          logwrite      = REJECT because $sender_host_address listed in
> $dnslist_domain

> loses a lot of gmail as they keep adding outbound servers and they are
> 'too important' to update dnswl.
>
> is there an efficient hack to double map the inbound ip to see if it is
> google or yahoo?

gmail publish an SPF record, so you can whitelist them that way....

accept domains = +spf_whitelist_domains
spf = pass

set the domainlist spf_whitelist_domains up with those domains whose
SPF record you want to use for whitelist purposes.Eg

domainlist spf_whitelist_domains = gmail.com : googlemail.com

(This use of SPF is immune from the standard argument about breaking
forwarding. It does depend on Google keeping their SPF record up to
date, though.)

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???