[exim] Recipients with no MX record need to drop

Author: Don Sceifers
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Recipients with no MX record need to drop
Here is what we need to do.

We have wildcard DNS entries for domains like co.com that we answer web
requests to. So, computer.co.com would put up a page with information
related to computers.

As you know, today we saw Exim trying to accept emails for sites hosted on
cPanel. One example was mary.little@??? which is clearly not a
valid email address. We came to the conclusion that Exim was looking up an A
Record if no MX Record existed.

What we would like to do is to drop connections for Recipients whose domains
do not have an MX record. In other words, we just want to drop people trying
to deliver to mary.little@??? because we would never want to see
those emails. They are certainly trash to us.

Thanks

Don