Re: [exim] quota

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] quota
list2 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just discovered, the "0" disables quota instead of what I've
> believed to not allow any mail through. If "0" essentially removes
> all restriction on quota, what is the opposite? How do you limit it
> to no mail?
>

>    quota = ${lookup mysql{select users.quota from users,domains \
>            where localpart = '${quote_mysql:$local_part}' \
>         and domain = '${quote_mysql:$domain}' \
>         and users.domain_id = domains.domain_id}{${value}M}}
>    quota_is_inclusive = false
>    quota_size_regex = ,S=(\d+):
>    quota_warn_threshold = 75%
>    maildir_use_size_file = false

> Thanks,
>
> George

Do it elsewhere. 'No' mail = suspend the account.

No need to check size of message, diskspace vs quota or any of that work.

We use a simple boolean flag in our user DB:

pg_active

true of false.

A *reason* field could be used to supply a message, but it would be a
stretch to expect the sender to read it.

Or even care why they could not deliver to a particular correspondent.

Bill