[exim] anti-spam... what's next?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Troy Settle
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] anti-spam... what's next?
I recently dropped service with Postini, in favor of attacking spam on
my own. Over the last month, we've implemented the following:

    * Fake MX
    * Per-user Allow/Deny lists (bypasses DNSBL, Greylist, & SA)
    * DNSBL (based on >20 messages with a SA score >12)
    * 15 minute greylisting (based on the exim wiki article)
    * Limit hosts to 1 rcpt per connection
    * Clam-av with 3rd party signatures
    * SpamAssassin with SARE rules (reject >12, quarntine >2)

Here are some numbers from yesterday:

    * No stats on fake MX yet (I just did this today)
    * 220k rcpts deferred via greylisting
    * 8k rcpts rejected by local DNSBL
    * 1.2k messages rejected by clamav
    * 6k messages rejected with SA score > 12
    * 18k messages delivered to spam quarantine
    * 14k messages delivered to inbox

The delivery stats are slightly better than we had with Postini, but I
think they can be better. What other tips & tricks are out there for
public consumption?

TIA,

--
Troy Settle