[exim] New version of exitop

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matthew Newton
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] New version of exitop
Hi all,

New version of exitop has escaped the clutches of the subversion
repository. Get it from the same place:

http://www.le.ac.uk/its/mcn4/exitop/

Main updated things since last time:

- no need for using tail, just supply all log files to watch as
arguments to exitop; you can still pass in via STDIN if you
like.

- keypress handling; "press q to quit" ;-)

- bugfix in regular expression, to is /[=-]>/, not /=>/

- bugfix for non-existant 'sys/ioctl.ph' - wrap in eval (if
available this make window resizing smoother)

- built-in hook "loglinehook" which by default will convert from
syslog to exim format if required, meaning syslog2exim is no
longer needed

Basically, it's easier to use; just run

exitop /var/log/exim/mainlog

on your exim server, or

exitop /var/log/exim/main.*

or similar on your syslog server to watch all logs from all
servers.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions - I'm working on some of them as
I have the time!

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

"Times Higher Education University of the Year 2008"