Re: [exim] exim "top" utility

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matthew Newton
To: Troy Settle
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] exim "top" utility
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 12:27:04PM -0500, Troy Settle wrote:
> I'm wondering though, how can I get $spam_score along with the subject
> line. From what I can tell, I can't add it to the log_selector, but I
> can do this:
>
> log_message = SCORE=$spam_score SUBJECT="$h_Subject:"
>
> What would I need to do to the script to use this information? I think
> I'd want to show a count, max score, and subject string.

That should be fairly easy - modify the regex that pulls out the
subject around line 85. It will have to be taken out from the
block that matches from lines, as log_message will add the info to
a different log line.

That said, I'm not sure how this would work in practise, as the
stats are grouped by matching string - two subjects with slightly
different scores would then not group together.

> Thinking further into it... some other stats might be useful along with
> the subjects:
> # of unique from addresses / senders
> # of unique from hosts

The current plans for allowing you to look down behind some of the
stats at individual messages might be a better thing (if I manage
to code it), unless I don't understand your idea properly (which
is quite likely!)

Thanks

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>