Re: [exim] exim "top" utility

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matthew Newton
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Peter Kirk
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim "top" utility
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 01:01:44PM +0200, Peter Kirk wrote:
> Sorry a bit of a noob here, could you please put more on how to set this
> up?
>
> Do I just copy the script and put it in a file called exitop and then
> run the command?

No, at the moment you have to pipe the logfile in to it, so if
your exim logs to /var/log/exim/mainlog, then run

tail -f /var/log/exim/mainlog | exitop

If you want to start with a lot of data (i.e. so you don't have to
wait for ages to see something, which might be the case on a
low-traffic server), try

tail -n1000 -f /var/log/exim/mainlog | exitop

That will feed 1000 lines of the log file in, and then continue
watching it "as it happens".

HTH,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>