Re: [exim] exim "top" utility

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jethro R Binks
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim "top" utility
On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Hans Morten Kind wrote:

> > http://www.le.ac.uk/its/mcn4/exitop/
>
> This is very cool, thanks for posting your understandings of perl's
> Curses. I havn't been playing with it before but by a few tweeks on your
> script I can now 'top' several logfiles to get current trends.

I think I fell asleep today briefly and missed the original post, so
thanks to Hans' reply for catching my eye.

I had a quick go, and yes it is certainly a handy util for getting a quick
summary of stuff going on. I very quickly saw a couple of interesting
patterns ... thanks Matthew!

I collect my logs via syslog-ng, and apply the following template to them:

template t_standard {
        template("$R_ISODATE <$FACILITY:$PRIORITY> $SOURCEIP
$FULLHOST_FROM $MSG\n");

so I re-wrote syslog2exim to deal with that. If anyone wants a copy let
me know.

A couple of things immediately strike me as useful developments: changing
of colour if one of the values goes above some threshold or other; and an
ability to press 'F' (say), and enter an pattern and 'focus' on it: so
just for lines matching that pattern, fuller details are printed in real
time like the source host, recipients, subjects, etc. This would be handy
if you see something starting to clock up (maybe a particular sender
address, or subject) to be able to instantly get a summary from within the
tool.

Jethro.

--
Jethro R Binks