Re: [exim] Force all local senders to authenticate

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Force all local senders to authenticate
Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> My knowledge of Exim got rusty a bit:)
>
> I'd like to achieve two conditions within exim:
>
> 1. I'd like to force all local senders (+relay_from_hosts) to
> authenticate before they can send out mail

Just remove any mention of +relay_from_hosts from your config entirely,
and only accept messages either for local delivery or from authenticated
senders in your rcpt acl.

> 2. I'd also like to ensure that while this is enforced, the
> authenticated_id MUST be the same as the sender_address?

In your rcpt acl, when you accept messages from authenticated senders,
set submission mode, which will set the sender address to the
authenticated id if it isn't already.

- Marc