Re: [exim] Exim & Dovecot - one authentification file

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Evgenij Z.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim & Dovecot - one authentification file
On 2008-10-31 at 12:03 +0200, Evgenij Z. wrote:
> Hi! It's my first post here (frankly i'm new to the whole idea of mailing
> lists, never used them before), but i hope i wont mess up anything.
>
> I'm installing a fresh e-mail server for our company. Decided to use
> exim+dovecot. First i installed exim, tested it. Everything went ok. I
> wanted to reject all mail to the recipients that do not exit on my domain,
> so i created a file /home/mail/users with local parts of address. Each line
> is a local part. Edited exim.conf : "acl_check_rcpt: accept local_parts =
> lsearch:/home/mail/users" so i accept only mail for existing users. Then i

That colon ":" should be a semi-colon ";".

You're accidentally using a list of two items, the user 'lsearch' and
the users corresponding to lines in the files. Which mostly worked,
when the lines only had usercodes.

You were correct first time in that you should use lsearch to achieve
what you want.

lsearch;/home/mail/users

Note also that you should not have needed to put this in the ACL.
Instead, it's better to have this as the local_parts pre-condition on
the Router which "accept"s mail. The part of the RCPT ACL which has
"verify = recipient" on it will then make this part of the ACL check and
you will reject unknown users at SMTP time.

By putting this on the accepting Router, you can then do things like
have alias files handled by redirect routers, without needing to change
the ACL.

Regards,
-Phil