Re: [exim] Anti Phishing ACL

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jeroen van Aart
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim Users List
Aihe: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing ACL
neil wrote:
> I have tried in the past to contact banks and ask about SPF, DKIM etc,
> but I have had no reply.

Rightfully so. I wouldn't trust a bank who'd just comply to the whims of
an individual emailing them about this or that random questionable feature.

> Yes I know that SPF etc breaks stuff <cue furious debate about
> forwarding>, but I would have though that in the few cases where people
> set up deliberate forwarding they could whitelist, versus the millions
> of phishing mails sent each day.

Do you honestly believe that SPF or whatever is the newest fancy useless
feature will prevent phishing even a tiny bit? I don't. SPF doesn't just
break forwarding but can actually promote spam and spammers appear to
have adopted it quickly:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/03/email_authentication_spam/

Greetings,
Jeroen