著者: Renaud Allard
To: Hans Klose
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] router problem

Hans Klose wrote:
> Hi Renaud,
>
> thank you for your post.
>
> I don't realy understand how this could help me. As i understand
> delay_after_ cutoff has something to do with the cutoff time. This is the
> time beyond which the retry algorythm no longer applies.
>
> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

> I think bouncing schould happen first after 4 day's and not after a few
> minutes.

Indeed, but if the smtp server is known to fail at every try for a long
time, exim will reject subsequent mails much faster without following
your retry rules, except if delay_after_ cutoff is unset.

However, there is also a known bug with this, so if you use exim
4.64->4.66, I would suggest to upgrade.