Re: [exim] def:acl var with strict_acl_vars=true

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] def:acl var with strict_acl_vars=true
On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 13:32 +1100, Ted Cooper wrote:
> Brian Blood wrote:
> > I understand how it works and what the documentation says....
> >
> > I'm suggesting that use of the def: operation should be exempt from
> > errors when strict_acl_vars is on as use of def: operation is merely a
> > test of the variable's existence, not use of the variable defined or
> > not.
>
> It's not a test of its existence. It replaces def:varname with either
> the content of the variable, or an empty string when it's not defined.
> It then becomes a true or false as empty string is considered to be false.

this is a bit inaccurate. def on a variable whose contents is "0" will
still return a truth value.

I don't see the harm in making the change Brian asks for -- it will
certainly not break any existing configurations, since it is an error
currently. create a ticket on bugs.exim.org ?

--
regards,          | Redpill  _
Kjetil T. Homme   | Linpro  (_)