Re: [exim] def:acl var with strict_acl_vars=true

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Brian Blood
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] def:acl var with strict_acl_vars=true

On Oct 25, 2008, at 8:41 PM, Ted Cooper wrote:

>> Logically speaking should exim have a problem with this:
>>
>> ${if def:acl_m_pref_msg_maxsize}
>>

>> when acl_m_pref_msg_maxsize has not been defined and
>> strict_acl_vars=true???
>>

>> if I'm bothering to check if the variable is defined aren't I working
>> within the spirit of what strict_acl_vars is trying to enforce and
>> shouldn't get a error?
>
> When you enable strict_acl_vars, everything must be defined before you
> use it. Using def: is only useful without strict_acl_vars because of
> how
> it is used.

I understand how it works and what the documentation says....

I'm suggesting that use of the def: operation should be exempt from
errors when strict_acl_vars is on as use of def: operation is merely a
test of the variable's existence, not use of the variable defined or
not.

Brian