Re: [exim] SpamAssassin transporter - mark email as read

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: W B Hacker
To: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] SpamAssassin transporter - mark email as read
Craig Fairhurst - youds.com wrote:
> All my mail is currently going through a SpamAssassin spamcheck router
> and transporter and then being passed to a SpamAssassin command which
> in turn passes it back to exim to start over. Obviously exim has to
> make sure the check hasn't been done.
> I want to detect when it has been marked as spam and pass it to a
> different appendfile transporter, how would I do this?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Craig

You are not taking best advantage of Exim that way.

Exim can do a call to SA in DATA phase before entering the routers,
optionally 'deny' w/o need to do out-of session DSN's.

Even if, or perhaps 'more especially if' you want to hand-off to another
SA run or runner, the most efficient way would be to do the first pass
with acl's in the DATA phase. No re-injection will occur there.

On entering the routers you will (or 'can') KNOW that SA has run once,
and once only, per message.

.. at that point, any subsequent routing should be easy and simple.

BUT...

That said, if you must do 'post smtp phase' content-scanning, then a
maildrop/procmail sort of critter will be simpler than returning to
Exim *at all*.

Exim 'mostly' tries to run in near-real-time, as it has to deal with
RFC-mandated time-windows for smtp phases.

A post-smtp phase milter or dropper can work at a more leisurely pace,
or at least at a rate 'decoupled' from smtp session timing.

Personally, I don't want to wait until then, 'coz I don't want to
generate an out-of-session bounce. No bounce, no exposure to backscatter
spam abuse.

YMMV.

Bill