Re: [exim] dropping connection causes message to freeze

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Anja Gawlik
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: 'Graeme Fowler', exim-users@exim.org
Aihe: Re: [exim] dropping connection causes message to freeze

Von: exim-users-bounces@??? [mailto:exim-users-bounces@exim.org] Im Auftrag von Graeme Fowler
>On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 13:45 +0200, Anja Gawlik wrote:
>> I could not find a "reject" in the docus, do you mean "deny"?
>
>Aha, yes, sorry - was in the middle of an iptables ruleset at the time
>so got my terminology mixed up. "deny", that's right.

According to docu there is no difference in behavior between deny and drop at smtp-time, but changed it to deny now. If there's a chance it might be better... ;)

>> And yes, you are right with your guess ;)
>
>So you need to start looking at the reasons for the bounces, and why
>they're being frozen.
>
>"exim -Mvl <message_id>" would be a good start, along with "exim -Mvb
><message_id>".
>
>That will give you the log entries leading to that message being frozen,
>and also look at the message body which in the case of a bounce should
>contain the reason for the bounce in the first place.

We do a recipient callout to the exchange server we also pass mail on to. But for one of our relay domains verification was not activated on that exchange server the first day. We soon corrected this, but it seems exim had cached the information and went on accepting mails for this domain.. but then could not pass them on to exchange because there the recipient was unknown and the mail rejected. This behavior now stopped by itself :)

Thx for helping, I learned two new useful commands ;)

Anja