Re: [exim] Delaying in answering incoming SMTP

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: Jeroen van Aart
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Delaying in answering incoming SMTP
On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 11:22 -0700, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> Jethro R Binks wrote:
> > exception for my Nagios host. In acl_smtp_connect, but above the delay, I
> > have:
>
> Looks like nagios is porrly behaved too then. You might want look into
> monit to monitor things such as smtp. Not only will it be able to
> restart services if they appear down but you can tune it's time out so
> it won't be confused by a slow to connect smtp session.

you can tune the timeout of Nagios, too, but what's the point?

monit is nice, but I can't recall seeing a situation where restarting
Exim will solve the problem -- when Exim fails, manual intervention is
typically needed (e.g., full disk, hammered by requests, huge queue,
etc.)

--
regards,
Kjetil T.