[exim] retry behavior after timeout

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Gopinath Asutosh
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] retry behavior after timeout
Hi,
I want to send mails (from MTA1 ) to(MTA2) host which is unreachable temporarily.
During that period 20 mails got accumulated in the queue.
After the remote host was up, i tried to send another mail and it
got delivered without any problem. But the previous 20 mails got delivered
later. Why is it so? I want them to be delivered before the 21st mail
was delivered, strictly in ascending order of date of sending.

Is it possible to change this behavior so that always the mail sent
first reaches the destination first? Here only 2 MTAs are involved.

thanks
asutosh